Effective Pet Urine Odour Removal With Chem-Dry!
Having a pet—whether it is a dog or cat—has long been credited to help increase a pet owner's lifespan. Not only are dogs and cats great companions, they also give us joy with their funny and adorable antics. Some furbabies also help prolong the lives of their humans by helping them lose weight by serving as their fitness companions during runs or when surfing. Some train to become service dogs who help handicapped humans navigate their way through life. Others become therapy dogs whose mere presence provide comfort to humans in times of stress or crisis. For the most part, having a dog is fun. In many ways, dogs and cats are just like humans—specifically, human babies. They are messy, noisy, dirty, and prone to accidents. So what's the best thing to do when your new kitten or puppy or your rescued dog has been remiss in being a good boy by peeing inside the house?
Pet ownership is a lifetime commitment—you can't send a puppy or a kitten to the animal shelter just because it still has not mastered potty-training or it has some behavioral problems. Here are some things you can do to ensure that your house remains a happy little home for you and your pet.
- If your dog or cat peed on your carpet or rug, refrain from shouting or meting out harsh punishment after you've caught them in the act. It will only confuse your pet, and harsh punishment will not work anyway. Be consistent with potty-training to prevent future mishaps, whether you're using a crate, letting your dog go do his business outside, or going for a walk with him to relieve himself. Reinforce good behavior instead of by generously praising him or giving him treats.
- If the urine is still wet on the carpet, clean it up immediately. Remove the urine by grabbing some paper towels and blotting up as much of it as you can. You can scrub any dirt or odor left behind by using a water mixed with gentle detergent.
- Neutralise odour by mixing one part white vinegar with one part water. Gently pour the solution onto the affected area, and leave it in the carpet for about ten minutes. This solution will also help in killing bacteria and fungi present in the carpet. Blot up the liquid using some paper towels until the section is nearly dry. Pouring some baking soda on the affected section will also help neutralise some of the odours. Leave it in for about fifteen minutes, and vacuum the area to remove the baking soda.
- If it has been hours since your pet has peed on your carpet or rug, and you feel that you can't remove the dirt and odour on your own, better call Chem-Dry WA for immediate urine stain and odour removal. Pets can sometimes urinate when you're away so it's likely that the pee not only has contaminated the fibres of the carpet but also it has also seeped into the backing plus the flooring underneath.
- Do not use a blow dryer to dry out the carpet. Drying the carpet using a blow dryer will only set the dirt and odour in, making them harder to remove. Likewise, it is not recommended to steam clean the carpet as it will also drive dirt and odour deeper into the carpet. We wrote an article on steam cleaning vs dry cleaning here.
Although it is possible to remove the stain, there will be instances when a distinct ammonia-like smell will pervade in your house. If this is the case, call Chemdry WA for effective and immediately pet urine odour removal. Chemdry WA offers a proprietary and cutting-edge cleaning product called Pet Urine Removal Treatment or P.U.R.T.®. During the cleaning process, our technician will scour your carpets and rugs using a special ultraviolet lamp to identify the sections which need to be targeted.
After identifying the target areas, your Chem-Dry carpet dry cleaning technician will get rid of any urine crystals left behind in the carpet or rug using our very own Hot Carbonating Extraction process. Our technician will apply P.U.R.T.® on each section, then let it sit for the next 24 hours or so for the solution to take effect. P.U.R.T.® removes the smell of urine by destroying all the urine crystals that had seeped into the fibres, as well as the backing.
P.U.R.T.® is nothing short of extraordinary when it comes to getting rid of pet urine and the odour that comes along with it. It has been tested and proven to remove an average of 99.9% of urine odours from carpets. Moreover, the same study had confirmed that Chem-Dry can get rid of bacteria living in the carpet. During the study, P.U.R.T.® was tested against conventional sanitizer and Hot Carbonating Extraction (HCE) cleaning process. Based on the study, P.U.R.T.® gets rid of an average of 99.2% of the odour-causing microorganisms from pet urine.
You love your pets, but you also want to live in a clean and sweet-smelling home. Now you can have both! Getting rid of pet urine odour has never been this easy thanks to Chem-Dry's P.U.R.T.®. Keep your home free from off-putting and embarrassing urine odour, and keep your family healthy with the help of Chem-Dry's P.U.R.T.®. Schedule an appointment with our Chem-Dry cleaning technicians today so we can get started on removing pet urine stains and odours, and restoring your home to its pristine and sweet-smelling condition.
You can also read more tips on how to undo damage caused by pet stains here.